Sunday 19 January 2020

Rodley NR

Sunday 19th January a.m.
 By the time I reached Rodley Nature Reserve the sun was higher and the temperature had crept up to 1°C. Here parts of the lake were frozen over with BH, Common and Herring Gulls present.There were around thirty Gadwalls, a couple of Little Grebes, Tufteds, Teal and a Grey Heron on the island. I moved on to the next hide where it was good to watch a Kingfisher perched looking for fish, as I moved around the reserve I picked up, Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Dunnock and Reed Bunting. When I got back to the car the field next to it held c100 Canadas and c20 Greylags.
Kingfisher


Reed Bunting



Chaffinch

Dunnock


Grey Heron


Herring Gull

Teal


BH Gulls on the ice

Little Grebe & Gadwall


Little Grebe

Grey Heron, Gadwalls & Tufteds

Rodley NR 19/1/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment