Sunday 12 April 2020

Doe Park Reservoir

Sunday 12th April a.m.
 Another bright start with a temperature of 10°C, I decided to stretch my legs a bit further and go to Doe Park Reservoir. I started off well seeing a couple of returning Swallows in the the village before heading across Hewenden Viaduct  and following Denholme beck upstream towards Doe Park Reservoir. A good selection of birds seen on the way including Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, LBB Gull, Herring Gull, Chaffinch, Greenfinch and Pied Wagtail. A couple of Deer were also seen.
 When I reached the Reservoir a pair of Bullfinch appeared, four Cormorants flew round and landed on the water. Plenty Chiffchaff and Willow Warblers were present as I took the path to the top end, across the bridge where below were numerous Frogs and Toads. I then headed home and just deviated round the other side of Hewenden  reservoir on the way back.
Willow Warbler


Chiffchaff

Cormorant


Deer

Greenfinch

Herring Gull


LBB Gull

Robin

Frogs & Toads

Doe Park Res Dam Wall

View from path along the side of the Reservoir

Doe Park Reservoir 12/4/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment