Monday 20 April 2020

Doe Park Reservoir

Monday 20th April a.m.
 A frosty morning with a temperature of 3°C, but pleasant walking conditions with the sun out as I passed Hewenden Reservoir on my way to Doe Park Reservoir. On my way it was good to see a Green Woodpecker as it flew past, when I reached the Dam wall there was a Mallard with four chicks below.I walked down the side of the Reservoir and at the top end there was a Redshank and three Pied Wagtails.
 I walked on a little further in to Denholme Clough here a Curlew flew over near the old railway bridge.I headed back to the Reservoir seeing Cormorant, Kestrel, Grey Heron, and two Snipe all flying around. Also plenty Willow Warblers were singing as were a couple of Chiffchaff, heading back towards Hewenden another Kestrel put on a good show, just three Swallows were seen and back at Hewenden a Cormorant was surveying the water.
Kestrel



Time for a rest

Redshank


Curlew

Dunnock

Mallard with chicks

Mallard chicks

Pied Wagtail

Willow Warbler


Cormorant at Hewenden Res.

Denholme Clough

Doe Park Res.


No comments:

Post a Comment